Conceptual Design through Construction Administration for a 12,000 sf addition to the existing 22,000 sf public library. Complete interior renovation with new furniture and shelving. Construction completed 1996.
In 1909, the Cheshire Library opened in a home on Main Street and remained until 1958 when a new two-level library was built next door.When the building became inadequate in 1975, another addition was added.By 1990, it was obvious that major changes were needed to the existing structure and another addition was needed.
Work began on the design of a 12,000 sf addition and major interior renovations centered around the existing 2 story glass roofed atrium.A third floor and large community room were added along with a 30’ diameter circulation and reference desk that controls access from two entrances on opposite sides of the building.The project was completed and the library reopened in 1996.